Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Another day, another dolla

Today's Wednesday.  How you doin? (yep, that was in the weird Joey Tribbiani voice [not the Wendy Williams voice, sick]).

Workout: today was shoulders and arms.  It went pretty well, I don't really have anything especially awesome or awful to say about it.  I've been a bit disappointed in the amount of weight I've been able to use in the weight-lifting videos on every exercise but the first, but I think that's just the nature of the beast.  I could lift a lot more if I weren't doing it in such a dynamic environment (i.e., in a gym where I can do a set, take a break, do a set, take a break), but I think the dynamics of P90X are good.  Sure, it makes me feel like a little weak tree sapling when I can't lift as much as I thought I could, but hopefully my girly-man lifts will prove beneficial.


Brief review of PowerBlocks and my thoughts on peas and sleep after the jump. 



Speaking of weights, I'm really enjoying my PowerBlocks.  They're a little cumbersome to lug around (I think because they each weight 50 lbs), but during the actual workout, they're great.  Changing the weight is a pretty seamless process (you just pull out a pin and put it in another slot on the weights), and the size is very convenient.  It took me a hot minute to get used to the shape (it's like you're putting your hand inside a breadbox and then curling it, as opposed to the traditional shape and feel of a dumbbell), but it has never presented any problems. It's sort of funny sometimes when I look down at myself exercising and see a big, heavy, imposing-looking breadbox moving up and down.  Boom.

Let me take a moment to talk about peas.  The green ones.  I love 'em.  I could eat them at every meal.  They're phenomenal, easy, great for you, and cheap.  Go.  Get some.  You'll love 'em, too.

The Day 15 mark is quickly approaching, so be on the lookout for a picture or two (maybe, if I like what I see).  Otherwise, we'll have to just wait until Day 30.

Yoga tomorrow.  It won't be easy, and we're starting at 5:45 in the morning.  Maybe it will get me all kinds of jacked for the day.  Maybe.

DON'T FORGET TO SLEEP!  I haven't been getting enough sleep lately by a long shot, and I can totally tell.  Especially if you're exercising regularly, you have to remember the importance of a good night's sleep.  So, don't just sleep 6 hours.  I know that staying up to watch the Magic Bullet infomercial for the 403rd time is tempting, but avoid it.  Sleep.  Sleep.  Sleep.  Wahh!!

-Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment