Monday, February 14, 2011

Ok, Bonnie, maybe we CAN give them something to talk about

There were a few hiccups in my big start to P90X, hence the delayed post.  Also, the crickets are chirping and my eyes are closing, so this one might be a little on the short side.

First off, the initial Day 0 assessment.  I was a little lax on the assessment as I only took a before picture and weighed myself.  I might pull the little girl "I'm-too-embarrassed-to-put-up-my-before-picture" card and wait until Day 30 (or maybe Day 15 if I'm feeling super jacked super early), but I will put  my starting weight (as a point of reference, I'm 6'1"):  

171 pounds.   

That number is much better than I expected (I thought I was hovering around the 180 lb. mark).  In my mind I would like to be at 160 by the program's end, but I think that might be a little too low given my height.  If, come Day 90, I were still 171 lbs. and looked completely different, I think I would be satisfied.
So, I suppose my overall goal is to lose 10 pounds, but not really.  Hm.

My review of Day 1 and what I grubbed on after the jump.


So.... today was Day 1!  Because my PowerBlock dumbbells didn't come in on Friday (silly UPS forgot them at the warehouse), a slight modification was in order (great way to kick it off, I know), and today was Plyometrics day instead of Chest, Shoulders, and Back.  Let me tell you... Plyometrics is a mean, mean lady.  Like, meaner than the principal from Matilda mean.  Meaner than Regina on Mean Girls mean.  I mean... mean.
Basically, you're just jumping around the entire time.  Think of playground jump-rope, mix it with the Gestapo, and you have a basic idea of what Plyometrics is.
Anywho, it was tough, and I felt like a pansy doing a lot of it because it was totally wiping the floor with me, but that's OK. Day 1 is always the hardest, and if Day 1 was this hard, then Day 90 should feel so much better (I think).

Today was also the start of the P90X diet plan.  Let me give a quick recap of my food intake for the day:

Breakfast: 2 pieces turkey bacon, Kashi cereal and soy milk, small apple
Lunch: salad with chicken breast and (a shit ton of) carrots
Afternoon snack: yogurt with frozen peaches
Dinner: chicken breast, green peas, broccoli
After dinner snack: more carrots (not necessarily a shit ton)

My dinner.  So... green.
Even though I felt like all I did all day was eat, I still missed the daily caloric requirement by probably about 600 calories.  It's going to take time for my body to adjust to eating a lot/constantly eating, so I feel okay about not nailing it all the way.
I was, however, excellent at not eating anything that looks or tastes remotely good or delicious.  Ok, the food I cooked was pretty good.  But, all I wanted was a cupcake, some ice cream, and a martini.  Instead I had peas and carrots.  Again, I think that will take some getting used to.

Ok, I'm exhausted, and I have to be up in T-minus 5.5 hours to workout.

Also, it's Valentine's Day.  I hate Valentine's Day.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.

-Chaz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment