Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Only 81 more days!

Ok, so I've neglected my blog a little bit.  Sozzy.


Day 9 is finished!  And, I'm not gonna lie, it felt really good.  Today was Satan's workout, Plyometrics, and it didn't hurt as much as last week.  The push-up/pull-up orgy that was Chest and Back yesterday was still pretty cruel, but I'm seeing some light at this part of the tunnel.  Maybe.

I ate some pretty crap food this weekend, but  it tasted so good.  It was my roommate's birthday, so I reasoned that it was a free pass to eat 3.6 million pieces of cake.  Honestly, who says no to strawberry cake with strawberry icing?  With a side of vodka?  Followed by late-night quesadillas?  I think my food choices sound completely reasonable.


Ok, no they don't.  To make matters worse, I had China Royal (my favorite place to eat in town, a Chinese buffet: the food is cold, it's loaded with MSG, and most of it has been cooked in cow lard.  And it's delicious) for dinner on Sunday.  But, I have to look forward.  I'll just think fondly of greasy Lo Mein and cake, and pretend that my lettuce, carrots, and chicken is just a little bit more fattening.


What is it about food that is designed to kill you and its deliciousness factor?  Does this mean that rat poison tastes like Sweet Tarts?  Someone experiment and get back to me.


Anywho, I've done a better job yesterday and so far today.  I bought what equates to a small vegetable garden from the grocery store, and I've been eating Egg Beaters like a champ.  Just keep swimming, I suppose.


Semi-unrelated ramblings after the jump.


In un-P90X related news, I bought my BONNAROO ticket on Saturday.  Did you read that correctly?  It's true.  Let me take a moment to list all of the bands I'm excited to see:


Eminem
Lil Wayne
Florence + the Macine
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
Amos Lee
The Black Keys
Ray LaMontagne
GirlTalk
Mumford and Sons
Scissor Sisters

Like, is that real life?   Check out the full lineup here.
How do I connect Bonnaroo and P90X?  Here's how: for 4 days I'll be walking around shirtless/unshowered at a hippie music fest.  Granted, the hippies probably wouldn't care if I looked like Jared from Subway prediet, but, if I'm giving everyone tickets to the gun show, maybe I'll become some type of hippie fest celebrity.  Only the best compost pile and love beads for me!


The weather this weekend was beautiful.  I actually laid in the sun on Sunday, and got a whole new appreciation for starting a workout regime: I got a tanline from the fatroll on my stomach.  Like, my whole stomach is red, except for a little sliver around my belly button.  Excuse me?  What? I'm sorry?  Fatroll tanline?  Sweet.  Jesus.


This post is over, so I'll leave you with a weird Dutch song that's been rocking my life.  It's called  Tættere På Himlen by Burhan G feat. Nik & Jay.  Enjoy.




-Chuck 

No comments:

Post a Comment